United States History Standards for Grades 5-12
| First Lady of the World: Eleanor Roosevelt at Val-Kill
relates to the following National Standards for History:
Era 8: The Great Depression and World War II (1929 to 1945)
- Standard 3C- The student understands the effects of World War II at home.
Era 9: Postwar United States (1945 to early 1970s)
- Standard 1B- The student understands how the social changes of the postwar period affected various Americans.
- Standard 2A- The student understands the international origins and domestic consequences of the Cold War.
- Standard 2B- The student understands United States foreign policy in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America.
- Standard 3A- The student understands the political debates of the post-World War II era.