Questions Submitted to Grade A, Intermediate Schools, For Admission to High Schools.
UNITED STATES HISTORY
1. Where and by whom were the thirteen original States settled?
2. State the causes of the "French and Indian War." Name two of the principal battles fought, the commanders on each side, and the victorious party. What territory did England gain by the war?
3. When was Jamestown settled? St Augustine? When and by whom was the Hudson River discovered? The Mississippi? The Pacific Ocean?
4. Name the chief cause of the "Revolution." How long did it last? When, where, and by whom, on the part of the Americans, was the treaty of peace concluding the war signed?
5. Name one of the principal battles fought during each of the years of the Revolution, the commanders on each side, and the victorious party in each.
6. When and where was negro slavery introduced into America; and when and by whom was the emancipation proclamation issued?
7. When was the Federal Constitution adopted; and what was the first State admitted into the Union after its adoption?
8. What territory was acquired by the United States during Jefferson's administration? How was it obtained?
9. State the causes of the war of 1812. Name two of the most important engagements on land, two naval battles, the commanders on both sides in each, and the victorious party in each engagement.
10. State the causes of the late war. Name two important battles, the commanders on both sides, the victorious party, and the chief results of war.