United States History Standards for Grades 5-12
The Old Mormon Fort: Birthplace of Las Vegas, Nevada
relates to the following National Standards for History:
Era 4: Expansion and Reform (1801-1861)
- Standard 1C- The student understands the ideology of Manifest Destiny, the nation's expansion to the Northwest, and the Mexican-American War.
- Standard 2E- The student understands the settlement of the West.
- Standard 4C- The student understands changing gender roles and the ideas and activites of women reformers.
Era 6: The Development of the Industrial United States
- Standard 1B- The student understands the rapid growth of cities and how urban life changed.
- Standard 1C- The student understands how agriculture, mining, and ranching were transformed.
- Standard 4B- The student understands the roots and development of American expansionism and the causes and outcomes of the Spanish-American war.