Questions for Photo 6
1. What does this house reveal about Pietro Botto's financial and social status?
2. Review Reading 2. Can you find the features that Elizabeth Gurley Flynn describes in her reminiscences?
3. This photo shows one of the Sunday rallies that were held at the Botto House during the silk strike. Why were these rallies held? Why do you think thousands of striking workers came to them?
4. How do you think a worker who had received no pay for three or four months would have felt coming out to Haledon to hear one of the famous leaders of the IWW, such as Elizabeth Gurley Flynn, "Big Bill" Haywood, or Carlo Tresca?
* The photo on this screen has a resolution of 72 dots per inch (dpi), and therefore will print poorly. You can obtain a larger version of Photo 6, but be aware that the file will take as much as 30 seconds to load with a 28.8K modem.