Whitewater Hotel, Walworth County, Wisconsin
Between its construction in 1894 and its general demise as a functioning hotel around 1952, the Whitewater Hotel was an important component in the commercial life of the city of Whitewater. During this period, Whitewater's economy was almost entirely dependent upon commerce and the only area of growth was in agricultural commerce. The Whitewater Hotel had a prime location near businesses catering to agricultural commerce. The Hotel's location across the street from the Whitewater Passenger Depot gave it a ready-made clientele for people using the railroad. In 2006 the Whitewater Hotel was renovated under the federal and state tax credit program for the historic renovation of National Register-eligible buildings. Today, the building is used for apartments and a tavern.
Read the full file
See our Weekly List
Recent Weekly Highlights