|The Guy J. and Rose Caruso D'Antonio House is locally significant under Criterion A: Social History for its association with the women's rights movement in the City of New Orleans following World War II. The building's role and its inhabitants engaged in law, civil rights, religious social organizations, and women's rights/suffrage in the period of significance, 1949-1955. It was once the residence and home office of Louisiana Senator Guy D'Antonio, attorney, and his wife, Mrs. Rose Caruso D'Antonio, member of a multitude of social and religious organizations that were hosted at the residence. In particular the subject property was the "Gentilly Unit" of the New Orleans League of Women's Voters at a pivotal time in the League's history in the 1950s. The D'Antonio's opened their home to the community at large to inform and enable freedom and liberties for all regardless of class, origin, and race/ethnicity.