|Berkeley Mills Ballpark, located in Hendersonville, North Carolina, was established in 1949 as the home field of the Berkeley Spinners, the baseball team of the Berkeley Mills textile plant. Organized in 1948 at the height of baseball's post-war popularity, the Spinners played as part of the Western North Carolina Industrial League composed of teams drawn from the workforces of various regional industrial plants. The following year Berkeley Mills contracted with Dan Waddell and Company, a Hendersonville grading company, to construct a ball field in a parklike setting to the north of the mills' factory and mill village. Mill employees assisted with the construction of stands and associated structures. The wood and steel grandstand, built in 1949 and roofed in 1950, is accompanied by an intact ballfield. In 2008, the Kimberly Clark Corporation, successor to Berkeley Mills, donated the ballpark and surrounding park area to the City of Hendersonville. Berkeley Mills Ballpark meets National Register Criterion A in the Entertainment/Recreation area of significance at the local level of significance for its association with industrial league and community baseball in Hendersonville during the historic period. The period of significance extends from initial construction in 1949 through 1966 embracing the years the park served as the home field of the mill-supported Berkeley Spinners baseball team (1949-1961) and the early years ofthe post-Spinners period (1962-1966) when it was used exclusively for non-industrial league ball by a number of teams. Although local teams continued to play at the facility after 1966, this later period is not of exceptional significance.