|St. Teresa's Roman Catholic Church Complex is locally significant under Criterion C in the area of Architecture, as a good representative collection of ecclesiastic related buildings spanning more than a halfcentury of architectural development. The most notable building is the Late Victorian Gothic style church that anchors the complex. The church was designed by Albert Asa Post in 1898 and expanded by Post in 1926. The complex has additional significance for the school building, built in 1907 and expanded in 1926. The school demonstrates the evolution in school architecture throughout the early twentieth-century. The complex also includes a fine example of a Queen Anne-styled residence, which was converted to a rectory with the formation of the parish, as well as an 1959 International style parish hall containing a gymnasium. The church, rectory, and parish hall are distinctive examples of their respective styles, and the school clearly demonstrating two distinct periods in the development of educational architecture. Together, the buildings represent not only a varied collection of architectural styles, but also the growth of the St. Teresa's parish over a sixty-year period. St. Teresa's Roman Catholic Church Complex is also significant as the first Roman Catholic parish formed in the South Buffalo neighborhood. The parish was formed in 1898 to serve the burgeoning South Buffalo community and expanded as the neighborhood grew over the following fifty-years as more Catholic families moved to the area. St. Teresa's reflects the growth of the South Buffalo community throughout the twentieth century, expanding with the neighborhood around it and still serving the community today. The period of significance related to these criteria is 1897 to 1959, starting with the relocation of the rectory from its original location on Bailey Avenue to its current location, marking the foundation of the church campus, and ending with the construction of the parish hall in 1959, the last notable architectural campaign undertaken by the congregation. This era encompasses all major architectural developments and expansions, and signifies the era during which the church was at its most prominent in the South Buffalo community.