|The Stanley Schoolhouse is eligible for the National Register of Historic Places under Criterion A for its association with the history of education in Noble County, Indiana, particularly demonstrating the role of the one-room schoolhouse, and Criterion C for its architectural significance as a representative of a one-room schoolhouse. The period of significance for the Stanley Schoolhouse spans from the time the structure was built in 1915 to 1955. The Stanley Schoolhouse served as the one-room school for Noble County's Green Township school district number two. This building was the third to be built on this site and to be named after Henry Stanley, a local landowner. The school finally ceased operations in 1955, when the movement for school consolidation and county-level administration finally won out over the outdated mode of one-room township schools. Green Township was the last township in Noble County, and indeed the entire state, to end use of one-room schools in the 1950s. Stanley School was among the last one-room schools in the state to close its doors.