|Constructed in 1903, the Leon Grange is significant under Criterion A in the area of agriculture for its role in the agricultural history of the hamlet of Leon as the primary meeting place for the larger local farming community and as the meeting place for the members of the local grange. For several years, the Leon Hotel was the main gathering place for the community, located at the main crossroads in the village. When it was first founded, the local chapter of the Patrons of Husbandry, commonly known as the Leon Grange #795, held regular meetings in the hotel until increased competition for use of the building made them consider owning their own hall. Although occasionally used for social functions, the Leon Grange quickly became the place for sharing and disseminating information on agriculture and concerns related to farming for the surrounding area. One of the groups that regularly met in the Leon Grange building was the local chapter of the Dairymen's League, a statewide organization founded in 1918 that assisted dairy farmers in finding reputable milk processors and in marketing milk products. Also significant under Criterion C in architecture, the Leon Grange is a modest, rectangular building that follows the form of other similar rural grange buildings. The two story building contains a large dining area and kitchen on the first floor for public functions and an auditorium style meeting room with a stage in the second floor. The Leon Grange continued in this role until 1977 when the building was sold to the Leon Historical Society.