|The Lawrence Brothers & Co. Store, built in 1874, is locally significant under Criteria A and C for its association with the development of Ophir, Utah. Under Criterion A in the area of Commerce, the building is particularly notable as one of the few extant commercial buildings that represent the towns efforts to transform from a boom-and-bust mining camp to a more stable community. Unlike many of Utahs mining towns of the early 1870s, particularly those in narrow canyons, Ophir was never completely abandoned. The building was originally built to house a general mercantile and a Wells Fargo office at the peak of mining activity in the canyon. Though the management of the store changed several times, the Lawrence brothers and their successors kept the building commercially viable, contributing to the stability of the town for over eight decades. The period of significance spans the initial construction in 1874 to the stores closure in 1956. The building is also significant under Criterion C in the area of Architecture as the only substantial stone building constructed in Ophir and a rare surviving stone structure built in a Utah mining camp. The building has undergone minor modifications over the years, but retains the majority of elements from the original construction such as the granite stone masonry and operable iron door-window shutters. The building was constructed by Shelby Alfred Lineback, a former soldier and stone mason turned farmer. The Lawrence Brothers & Co. Store is currently undergoing a multi-phase rehabilitation and is a contributing historic resource in the community of Ophir, Utah.