|The Charles and Therese Schauwitzer House is nominated to the National Register of Historic Places under Criterion C for local architectural significance. The farmhouse is an excellent and intact example of a vernacular form rural farm residence embellished with carved Italianate style details. This house was among twelve buildings that were surveyed in 1999 along a nearly 5-mile corridor of Woods Road; the survey was conducted as a result of a proposed road reconstruction project. Of the surveyed properties, only two, including the Schauwitzer property, were found to be potentially eligible for the National Register. Sheathed with clapboard, the cruciform-shaped structure features tall-and-narrow windows, many of which are topped with sawn window hoods. Additionally, the house features two original porches with decorative, sawn bracket trim. Although not considered a high-style example, the elaborations found on the Schauwitzer home are well beyond those found on what is considered a ubiquitous form found in rural settings. The extant historic outbuildings ori the property include a small animal barn, a milk house, barn foundation remains, as well as two concrete silo foundations. Although the property is not considered eligible as a farmstead, the outbuildings help us to understand the home's history and evolution in its agricultural setting. The Period of Significance is 1880 to 1942. It begins with the date by which the home achieved its current exterior appearance (1880) and it continues to encompass the dates of the construction for the contributing outbuildings, the last of which was built in the 1940s. The Schauwitzers acquired the property in 1859 and that is the date the first portion of the house is believed to have been constructed.