|Wesley Hospital at 300 NW 12th Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma, is locally significant under National Register Criterion A for the area of HEALTH/MEDICINE. The building is a rare and intact example of an early twentieth century hospital in the Midtown neighborhood of Oklahoma City, which historically had a concentration of hospitals and medical facilities. Dr. Foster K. Camp founded Wesley Hospital in circa 1910 in rented space downtown until the first block of the free-standing hospital was completed in 1911. The original structure was much smaller than the building that stands today. Over the next forty years, four additions enlarged the building to keep it a relevant and operating hospital. Two of the oldest building sections were demolished during this period of growth. Medical advances and changing development patterns in the 1960s made it increasingly difficult to maintain Wesley as a modern hospital. Aging facilities and financial constraints forced many smaller hospitals and medical facilities to consolidate. In 1964 Wesley Hospital became Presbyterian Hospital, and shortly thereafter relocated to the newly developed Oklahoma Medical Center complex just east of the Midtown neighborhood. Since the development of the Oklahoma Medical Complex, many of Oklahoma City's historic hospital and medical buildings have been razed. Wesley Hospital remains one of two surviving hospitals from rich cluster that once thrived in Midtown Oklahoma City. The period of significance begins in 1927 with construction of the oldest extant piece of Wesley Hospital. It ends in 1964 when a new not-for-profit board of directors renamed the facility Presbyterian Hospital and shortly thereafter moved the hospital out of the historic building and into a modem medical complex.