|The Ironton Lodge Hall at 133 North Main Street in Ironton, Missouri, is locally significant under National Register Criteria A and C in the areas of Social History and Architecture. Built by a local contractor, C. W. Forster for $8,000 in 1873, the three-story, red brick building initially housed local chapters of both the Masons (Star of the West Lodge No. 133, A.F. and A.M. originally housed on the second floor) and the International Order of Odd Fellows (Iron Lodge No. 107, on the third floor). For several decades both the women's organization for the Odd Fellows, the Rebekahs, and Chapter 349 of the Order of the Eastern Star (the Masonic women's group) met in the building and at some point the Masons in Ironton also had a boy's chapter (Demolay's Hall) and a girl's chapter (Job's Daughters) which also held meetings in the building. In addition to the use of its upper floors by fraternal organizations whose goals included the affirmation of traditional values and whose activities included social and civic service projects, the building served as a meeting place for the community throughout its history and the lower level at various times housed such commercial activities as John M. Moore's dry goods and clothing store, an electrical light company, a doctor's offices and the Ironton Post Office. Architecturally, the prestigious, free-standing building displays both Greek Revival and Italianate elements and features original round arched windows on all four elevations. All four comers are quoined, enhancing the building's strong verticality and bricklike ruggedness. Highly intact, the building is missing its original cast iron storefront but otherwise substantially reflects its appearance during the decades when many of Ironton's most upstanding citizens crossed its threshold, planned charitable deeds and participated in secret ceremonies and rituals. The period of significance extends from the building's construction in 1873 though 1964, when the Odd Fellows' lease was purchased by the Masons, officially ending the tenure of one of the two original fraternal tenants. The Masons continued using the building at least through 1991.