|The Neosho Grocery Company Warehouse, at 224 N. Washington Street in Neosho, Missouri, is significant as one of the largest and most intact historic warehouses in Neosho. It was built in 1908 and expanded ca. 1922 for the Neosho Wholesale Grocery Company, one of two wholesale grocery companies known to have operated in Neosho in the early 20th century. The building housed the grocery company until the mid 1920s. In 1925 it was purchased by the North Storage and Transfer Company, which also used it as a warehouse. It is one of the most intact historic buildings left in a small warehousing and industrial center which developed along N. Washington Street in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The building is a good representative example of the Warehouse/Industrial Building Property Type discussed in the Multiple Property Submission cover document Historic Resources of Neosho, Missouri . It meets the registration requirements set forth in that document, and falls under the historic context of Industrial and Wholesale Commercial Development in Neosho, 1858-1956. It is significant under Criterion A, in the area of Commerce, with a local level of significance. The period of significance runs from the time it was constructed, ca. 1908, to 1942, when the Transfer and Storage Company sold the property. It was used as a warehouse throughout the period of significance, and has seen few changes of note since.