|The Pine Grove Cemetery retains integrity of location, design, setting, materials, feeling, workmanship, and association, and meets criteria A and C, and Criterion Consideration D, for listing in the National Register of Historic Places, with a local level of significance. The Pine Grove Cemetery meets Criterion A for its association with events that have made a significant contribution to the history of Truro. At the end of the 18th century, when Truro was on the verge of unprecedented prosperity, it witnessed the rise of the latest evangelical movement in New England: Methodism. Pine Grove Cemetery was the location of the first evangelical Methodist meetinghouse on Cape Cod, the second one in New England, and the second meetinghouse in Truro (the first being the Congregational Meeting House dating to 1709). The Methodist Meeting House (not extant) was constructed in 1794, and by 1799 the burying ground was established by the meetinghouse.