|The Women's National Republican Club, at 3 West 51st Street in Manhattan, New York City, was built 1932-34 as the third home for the institution that was founded in 1920. The club is eligible under National Register Criteria A in the area of social history for its association with the Republican political party and the increased establishment of women's clubs following the adoption of the 19th Amendment to the Constitution that gave women the vote. Following its formation, the WNRC took the next step of encouraging women to engage in partisan politics. Founder and first president Henrietta Wells Livermore- a major figure in the women's suffrage movement- imagined the club as a major force in educating newly enfranchised women voters. From the beginning, the club offered lectures and seminars, and a School of Politics. The WNRC quickly outgrew its first two homes and built its current home in the depths of the Depression. The club is additionally eligible under Criteria C in the area of architecture as an example of the work architect Frederic Rhinelander King, who designed the building in the neo-Georgian mode. Despite the rise of various forms of modernism of the period and a location directly across the street from Rockefeller Center- the Club's architectural design and interior spaces follows a trend in private club decoration, evoking an interest in early American design tastes and history.