The National Park Service seeks highly motivated students, ages 15-18, for eight weeks of work experience, education, leadership and environmental training from July 12 through September 3, 2010.
- Students earn $7.25 - $8. 25 per hour, based on five days (40 hour) per week.
- Students are placed at National Park Sites throughout New York Harbor, including: Gateway NRA, African Burial Ground NM, Manhattan Sites, Governor’s Island NM, Statue of Liberty NM and Ellis Island.
- Work shirts and hats will be provided and must be worn at work sites and during trips.
- Training will include overnight and day trips, team building exercises, kayaking, sailing, leadership activities, digital media training, and public speaking exercises.
- Students will work with various divisions and disciplines within the park including: Interpretation, Resource Management, Visitor Services, Maintenance, and Cultural Resources.