Skip to global NPS navigation
Skip to main content
Skip to footer
National Park Service Logo
National Park Service
Return to The Civil War
Building at SHPG
Photos of buildings at the Sandy Hook Proving Ground.
Building 114 Officers Quarters front elevation.
Front Elevation drawing from 1878.
Dining room of Officers' Quarters, c. 1910.
Interior view of dining room of Officers' Quarters, c 1910.
Officers Quarters, in 1930s during a fire.
Fort Hancock made the Officers' Quarters into the Officers' Club. In the 1930s a fire started and members of the 52nd Coast Artillery responded.
Barracks 102 shown in 1930s.
Barracks 102 constructed in 1909 for the Sandy Hook Proving Ground soldiers. Photograph was taken in the 1930s when the building served as the Fort Hancock School.
Building 108, shown in 1940.
NCO Quarters 108 was constructed in 1905. Photo was taken for the Fort Hancock Post Record Book, c. 1940.
NCO Quarters 108
Building 104, shown in 1940.
NCO Quarters 104 was constructed in 1894. Photo from Post Record Book, c. 1940.
Civilian Employees pose in front of Building 130.
Storehouses of Sandy Hook Proving Ground.
Civilian employees at storehouses in the Sandy Hook Proving Ground area.
St. Mary's R.C. Chapel
St. Mary's Roman Catholic Chapel was built by the Sandy Hook Proving Ground and continued to serve the Catholic soldiers and families through the 1950s.
St Marys Chapel
Chemical Laboratory built in 1904.
Sandy Hook Proving Ground Chemical Laboratory, constructed in 1904. Image from Fort Hancock Record Book, 1940. The building was later used as the Fort Hancock School.
Building 125 with civilian employees.
Sandy Hook Proving Ground storehouse with civilian employees posing.
Building 132, constructed by Sandy Hook Proving Ground in 1907 served as a Paint Shop.