Challenge Cost Share
Purpose and Scope:
- The Challenge Cost Share Program supports local projects that promote conservation and recreation, environmental stewardship, education, and engaging youth in the outdoors.
- Local project partners work with National Park Service (NPS) staff to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Applications are submitted by NPS staff in collaboration with project partners.
- This partnership challenge rewards those proposals that highlight long lasting benefits while developing new partnerships
- NPS administered parks are eligible including National Parks, National Trails, and Wild and Scenic Rivers.
- Partners may be educational institutions, private for-profit entities, or not-for-profit organizations.
- Project must have the endorsement of the NPS, as well as assurance from the local partner(s) that the projectís budget is viable.
- $25,000 is the maximum Challenge Cost Share project support.
- Project should be completed within the fiscal year.
Project applications are accepted between May 2, 2016 and July 1, 2016 for Fiscal Year 2017.
Funding and Match:
The program requires equal matching share. Cash, goods, or services from non-federal sources can be considered as a cost share.
The maximum Challenge Cost Share project support is $25,000.
If selected our national partner, Outdoor Foundation, forms an agreement and provides project funds directly to the local partner. Applications are submitted by NPS staff in collaboration with project partners.