Over the next few years, the Parkway will be experiencing a road surface makeover. The work is contracted out and will occur in phases.
- Contractors will provide the Parkway a two-week prior notice as to when road sections will be closed for repaving.
- The Parkway will immediately post those closures in our website Alerts, along with links to detour maps. We also post on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Contractors do not have end dates for each phase and will complete work as weather allows.
- Phases may not be done in numerical order and may be worked on in parts.
- Alerts are kept current and are changed within an hour of contractors notifying us about a change.
- Small orange "Trace" detour signs will be posted along the detour route.
Alabama Detours - Through 2022
Phase 1 - Currently Active - Detour in Place - mileposts 293-321 - Bay Springs, MS to Cherokee, AL.
Click here for a map and to learn more about the current detour from milepost 293 to milepost 321
Phase 2 - The road section between milepost 303 to 321 is partially included in Phase 1 above. There will be an additional time for 303-321, and additional disance added, extending to milepost 326, just south of Colbert Ferry.
Click here for maps for Phase 2
Phase 3 - mileposts 321 - 337 (US-72 to AL-20, including bridge over Tennessee River)
Click here for a map and directions to Phase 3 map and directions.