Carriage House

Part of the original 1883 property, the one-story carriage house initially sheltered Mrs. Walker’s two matching black horses and Victoria Carriage. The carriage house would later garage Walker’s luxury cars including a Hupp-Yeats electric car, a National, a Pearless, a Packard limousine, and a finally a Pierce Arrow. During the 1922 expansion project, Walker added a second floor to the carriage house which became an apartment for her chauffer and his family.