Lincoln Home from the North, with Arnold House in background. “Lincoln Residence” on sign over door. The Lincoln Home was transferred to the State of Illinois in 1887. The state put a sign up labeling it as “Lincoln Residence” and installed cannon in the backyard but returned the interior to a furnished home from a “cabinet of curiosities” appearance.
Paper. H 27.3, W 34.8 cm
Lincoln Home National Historic Site, LIHO 5414