Visitors at Long House along the south wall of Frijoles Canyon
August 30, 1934
Photograph by George A. Grant
Visitors at Long House along the south wall of Frijoles Canyon.
A ranger tells a group of visitors about Long House. Here, a series of houses were built along the base of the cliffs for 800 feet, thus the name Long House. The lines of holes once anchored beams that supported the roofs of the rooms.
National Park Service Historic Photograph Collection, HPC-000035.