By Helmut Naumer, Sr.
Picuris is a Tiwa-speaking pueblo in the foothills of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, south of Taos. Pictured is the old church, with the campo santo (cemetery), in the walled enclosure in front. The small dome-shaped structure in the foreground is an horno, an oven for baking traditional bread.
Pastel, paper. H 30.5, L.47cm [H 12, L 18 1/2inches], framed.
Bandelier National Monument, BAND 1410