||In this lesson students will learn about potential impacts of climate change in Mount Rainier National Park and communicate these potential impacts to their peers through a concept web activity. This lesson will lead into Enviro-Ethics where students will develop a "Personal Code of Environmental Ethics" for exploring and enjoying the natural world while reducing their ecological and carbon footprint.
|5 - 12
- Read case studies about potential impacts and Intergovernment Panel on Climate Change reports and summarize important details using words and/or labeled diagrams.
- Identify ways in which organisms may be affected by climate change.
- Explain how components of an ecosystem are interdependent.
- Use a variety of media to communicate their understanding to peers.
- Explain why understanding climate change is important.
- Make choices to mitigate or reduce potential negative impacts of climate change.
|Cascading Effects - word, 57KB
Cascading Effects - pdf, 201KB
||Climate Change Data Evidence Cards (English & Japanese)
Climate Change Flash Cards
Case Study Card - Forest
Case Study Card - Glacier
Case Study Card - Pika
Case Study Card - Salmon
Case Study Poster Materials Example - Forest
Case Study Poster Materials Example - Nisqually Glacier
Case Study Poster Materials Example - American Pika
Case Study Poster Materials Example - Chinook Salmon