This Educator's Guide is intended to provide assistance in preparing for a visit to Montezuma Castle, Montezuma Well and/or Tuzigoot. However, it can be used independently of field trips to the monuments. All activities meet State of Arizona standards.
It contains information on cultural and natural topics of the Verde Valley, classroom exercises, and suggested readings. It provides ideas on incorporating our monuments, resources, and the prehistoric Sinagua Culture into your classroom!
Download the complete educator's guide or download the guide by chapter:
1. Introduction and Contents
2. Cultural History
3. Cultural History Answer Key
4. Natural History Introduction
6. Bio Diversity
7. Riparian Habitats
8. Tavasci Marsh
10. Conservation of Resources
11. Plant Crossword Puzzle
- Agriculture, American Indian History and Culture, Anthropology, Archaeology, Architecture, Architecture (Building Styles and Methods), Art, Botany, Commerce and Industry, Community, Conservation, Ecology, Environment, Historic Preservation, History, Social Studies, Writing