The National Parks Passport program is a great way to explore the over 400 units of the National Park Service. Purchase your passport book at the Explore Store (right across from our visitor center) in the lobby of the Science Museum of Minnesota) or at most national park visitor centers. Passport books also may be purchased online. Then start obtaining cancellation stamps at each national park you visit, a great way to remember your visit to our National Parks.
The cancellation stamps are also available at most NPS visitor centers, or ask a ranger where you can have your passport book stamped. Some parks have multiple stamps distributed around their park.
Stamping Station Locations
Within the Mississippi National River and Recreation Area, you may get your passport book stamped at any of the visitor centers listed below. Hours vary, so call ahead for current information.
- Mississippi River Visitor Center (NPS) - 120 West Kellogg Blvd. Saint Paul, MN (651) 293-0200.
- Saint Anthony Falls Visitor Center (NPS) - 1 Portland Ave S, Minneapolis, MN. 952-303-2706. Closed seasonally.
- Coldwater Spring (NPS) - 5601 Minnehaha Park Drive South, Ft. Snelling, MN 55111. The stamp is located in a black metal box on the back of the kiosk at the parking lot. The entry code is 1988. Get more instructions for the Coldwater Spring Passport stamp.
- Mill City Museum - 704 South Second St. Minneapolis, (612) 341-7555
- East Coon Rapids Dam Visitor Center - 9750 Egret Blvd, Coon Rapids (763) 757-4700. This stamp is the same as the West Coon Rapids Dam Visitor Center.
- West Coon Rapids Dam Visitor Center - 10360 West River Road, Brooklyn Park (763) 694-7790. This stamp is the same as the East Coon Rapids Dam Visitor Center.
- North Mississippi Regional Park - 5114 North Mississippi Drive, Minneapolis (612) 370-4865
- Fort Snelling State Park - Highway 5 and Post Road, Saint Paul, MN (612) 725-2724
- Great River Road Visitor & Learning Center - 200 Munroe Street, Prescott WI. Call ahead (715) 262-0104 for open hours. Great River Road Visitor Center has stamps for 2 parks: St. Croix National Scenic Riverway and Mississippi National River and Recreation Area.