The National Parks Passport program is a great way to explore the over 400 units of the National Park Service. Purchase your passport book at the Explore Store (right across from our visitor center) in the lobby of the Science Museum of Minnesota) or at most national park visitor centers. Then start obtaining stamps at each national park you visit.
Passport books may also be obtained online at the Eastern National store. Stamps are available at most visitor centers, or ask a ranger where you can have your passport book stamped. Almost all parks have at least one stamp.
Stamping Station Locations
Within the Mississippi National River and Recreation Area, you may get your passport book stamped at any of the visitor centers listed below. Hours vary, so call ahead for current information.
- Mississippi River Visitor Center (NPS) - 120 West Kellogg Blvd. Saint Paul, MN (651) 293-0200.
- Saint Anthony Falls Visitor Center (NPS) - 1 Portland Ave S, Minneapolis, MN. (651) 293-0200.
- Mill City Museum - 704 South Second St. Minneapolis, (612) 341-7555
- East Coon Rapids Dam Visitor Center - 9750 Egret Blvd, Coon Rapids (763) 757-4700. This stamp is the same as the West Coon Rapids Dam Visitor Center.
- West Coon Rapids Dam Visitor Center - 10360 West River Road, Brooklyn Park (763) 694-7790. This stamp is the same as the East Coon Rapids Dam Visitor Center.
- North Mississippi Regional Park - 5114 North Mississippi Drive, Minneapolis (612) 370-4865
- Fort Snelling State Park - Highway 5 and Post Road, Saint Paul, MN (612) 725-2724
- Great River Road Visitor & Learning Center - 200 Munroe Street, Prescott WI. Call ahead (715) 262-0104 for open hours. Great River Road Visitor Center has stamps for 2 parks: St. Croix National Scenic Riverway and Mississippi National River and Recreation Area.
Passports are a great way to remember visits to your national parks.