ObjectiveCreate a menu of resources and activities that teachers and parents can adapt to learner needs.
Goals:-placed based learning skills strengthened and highlighted
-access to resources from or at Minidoka NHS for classroom inclusion
-new knowledge and skills related to resources at Minidoka NHS
-inform and shape education programs related to Minidoka NHS
Potential Methods (you will help with some, not all):
- develop and post a list of suggested topics that can be covered using the programs developed both this year in and following years
- develop and post a background explanation with a 'snap shot' of the activities done at the park so the teachers know what to expect during their visit
- develop and post a selection of suggested pre-visit activities
- develop and post a grade level lesson of 30-60 minutes length that will be presented at Minidoka NHS
- develop and post post-visit activities appropriate to the grade level to follow up on learning started during the park visit to Minidoka NHS
On Site Program project ideas(you are welcome to suggest others)
- Create materials to be loaded on-line or on to iPads for visitor and student use
- Suggest student bibliography, park materials purchases, and methodology for student research projects
- Materials created may be videos, podcasts, games, scavenger hunts etc.
- Multiple learning styles to be addressed as well as multiple age levels
- Projects will be connected to park exhibits in the Visitor Center or on park grounds
- Projects are to be developed beyond conceptual to actual user ready material.