- Date & Time
- 12/14/2017 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Fee Information
Join Mesa Verde National Park staff for a holiday celebration on Thursday, December 14 from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Some of the planned activities include:
- Musical entertainment and native storytelling throughout the evening in the museum
- Night Sky viewing with the Four Corners Astronomy Club
- Various events throughout the historic district such as native drummers, caroling, historic photos of past luminarias, and a luminaria community photo share where you bring your favorite photos of past holiday events. Farolitos will glow along the pathways throughout the historic district.
- Refreshments such as chili, hot drinks, and cookies will be provided by our friends at Aramark and the Mesa Verde Museum Association.
Update: Because we do not have access to Spruce Tree House due to the rockfall issue, we will not be able to light the cliff dwelling with lanterns from within as we have in the past. This year, the park will be spotlighting it instead. The testing went well and the view should still be beautiful. Hope you can join us.
Schedule of Performances
Chapin Mesa Museum Auditorium:
5:00-5:30 – Southwest Singers
5:30-6:00 – Yvonne Bilinski, Storyteller
6:15-7:00 – David Nighteagle, Native American Flute
7:15-8:00 – The Aloha Club
Spruce Tree Terrace Patio:
5:00-5:45 – Red Sky Drum Group
6:00-6:15 – Caroling with the Southwest Singers
6:30-6:45 – Caroling with the Southwest Singers