The Woodbarn was built between 1875 and 1876 to accommodate Frederick Billings' forestry operations. Timber products were processed in the adjoining yard then stored in the Woodbarn. The structure continued to be used for forestry until the 1950s. It was restored by the National Park Service in 2008 and adapted for storage of the park's historic carriage collection. The Woodbarn also features an exhibit called, The Mount Tom Forest: A Legacy of Stewardship. It is open to the public daily from Memorial Day weekend through October.
Last updated: February 26, 2015