|Subscribe | What is RSS|
At about 5:00 p.m. today, the NPS Dispatch Center received a report of a vessel explosion and request for medical assistance from employees at the Las Vegas Boat Harbor Marina. NPS Rangers and medical personnel arrived on scene almost immediately.
This is what we know at this time:
- vessel exploded at gas dock after fueling
- 4 adult males injured
- 1 employee and 1 person associated with the vessel were airlifted to an area hospital
- 1 employee and 1 person associated with the boat were taken by ambulance to an area hospital
At this time, we do not know the cause of the explosion. NPS Rangers want to remind all boaters to do the following when fueling their vessels:
- do not smoke
- turn off all electronic devices like cell phones, pagers, and marine band radios
- close all compartments before fueling
- run the blower for a minimum of 3-5 minutes before starting your vessel
- if you smell more than normal fumes, do not turn on your engine and check for leaks
This is all we know at this time updates will be sent when new information is available.