Lake Mead Volunteers-in-Parks Program will integrate volunteers in all applicable areas of park operations in order to help build capacity through a well trained volunteer work force and continue to sustain park operations through partnering and fostering park stewards.
Lake Mead Volunteer Program is to involve individuals and groups in the preservation and enhancement of the park’s natural and cultural resources and recreational opportunities in an atmosphere of respect and collaboration.
The Lake Mead NRA volunteer program values:
· Life Learning: We will focus on providing our volunteers with training opportunities, real world learning experiences, and providing them with continuous feedback.
· Open minded: We will focus on a creative work environment that promotes a "can-do attitude!"
· Respect: We will value all volunteers as contributing members of our family by trusting and respecting their abilities and knowledge they bring to the park's operation.
· Value: We will match volunteers to positions that best fit their talents. Our goal is to find the “perfect match” for all our programs and projects so to add value to our park's operation.
· Dedication: We will recognize volunteers and park staff for their dedication and dependability to achieve a successful volunteer program while accomplishing our goals.
· Professional: We seek to be professional and consistent in the administration of the volunteer program while maintaining some flexibility to meet the needs of the staff and the volunteers.
· Recognition: We seek to continuously appreciate our volunteers for their contribution to the overall park operations through sincere methods – small tokens of appreciation, thank you cards, and/or invitation to a banquet.
· Enjoyment: We will foster an atmosphere of fun while accomplishing all our goals.
· Partnership: We will build a strong partnership with our surrounding community, our sister federal agencies, and our concessionaires in order to strengthen and improve our park operations through volunteerism.