Cheatham Hill Battlefield Scavenger Hunt (Self-Guided Program)
This program allows students to explore the main battlefield of the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain. Using the interpretive wayside signs located throughout the area, students have twenty minutes to search and find answers with the clues provided. The hunt encourages teamwork and makes learning about the Civil War, a daunting subject, interactive and fun.
Guided or Self-Guided?
maximum - 50 students
What You Need to Know About This Program:
- This program is free;
- You must complete and submit the registration sheet at least two weeks prior to your intended visitation date. Your date is NOT reserved until you receive a confirmation e-mail;
- To see what dates are available, please visit our online calendar;
- You must print out sheets 1, 2, and 3 of the scavenger hunt and bring it with you; please be sure to have enough sheets for your students to accommodate groups of five. Be Sure To Bring ALL THREE versions of the hunt. This helps avoid students bunching up in the same area as they complete the hunt.
- The teacher answer key is provided during visit so educators may review students' answers.
- Be aware that the Cheatham Hill Scavenger Hunt takes place at the Cheatham Hill Battlefield area of the National Park. The Battlefield is approximately five miles away from the Visitor Center. You may find a map to the location here.
- Civil War, History, Language Arts, Military and Wartime History, Reading, Social Studies
- National/State Standards:
- Georgia Performance Standards:
SS5H1(c)(e) - 5th grade
SS8H6(b) - 8th grade
SSUSH9(d) - 9th grade
ELACC5RI10 - 5th grade
ELACC7RI1 - 7th grade
L6-8RH3, L6-8RH4, LITCC6-8RHSS10 - 6th - 8th grade
- Field Trips