Exit Glacier Educational Programs
are offered in the spring once the Exit Glacier Road has opened for the season – usually by early May, and again in the fall before the road gets closed due to snow – usually mid-October. These dates vary each year depending on snowfall. If the road is closed during your scheduled trip, other opportunities may be available. Our staff will do their best to help you make arrangements.
To schedule a field trip call (907) 422-0530 or email Shauna Potocky at email@example.com
. In your email, please provide the following information:
- Teacher contact name
- School name, address, telephone number
- Teacher's e-mail address
- Grade level(s) and or age of students
- Number of students and chaperones (for field-trips only). Groups must have at least one adult chaperone for every 10 students.
- Preferred date of fieldtrip or classroom visit.
- Preferred start time for fieldtrip (9:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. for Exit Glacier)
Since all programs are arranged on a first-come, first-served basis, the sooner you make your arrangements, the more likely you are to get your first choice of date and time. Most programs are booked by March - after that point it may still be possible to schedule a program, but dates and times are limited. Since fall programs do not fill up as quickly as Spring Programs it is usually possible to schedule programs once the school year begins in August.