Special Park Uses: Permits are required for some activities such as special events and commercial filming and photography. Fees are charged for these permitted activities.

Special Use Permits are required for special events such as weddings and other ceremonies, meetings, gatherings, distribution of printed material and other public expressions of views, memorializations such as the scattering of ashes from human cremations, and other activities that are otherwise controlled or prohibited.

Commercial Filming Permits are required (with some exceptions) for all commercial filming and photography within the park.

Commercial Use Authorizations are required before conducting any commercial business activity within the park.

Please contact the park superintendent well in advance to discuss possible permit requirements, allowing sufficient time for application consideration and processing.

Researchers who wish to study in the monument (paleontology, geology, history, biology, air quality, water, or any other research) must apply for a permit issued by the monument's research coordinator. See the Visiting Researchers page for information that researchers need to know before submitting a request. If a permit is issued, only then can scientific work be conducted in the monument. Permits are only be issued to bonafide research institutions that have submitted proposals well in advance.

Image of a park ranger showing fossils to some children.

Ranger led education programs are available without cost for K-12 school groups, college classes, and continuing education groups by reservation only. Educational materials are also available for groups who cannot make it in person.

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

32651 Highway 19
Kimberly, OR 97848


(541) 987-2333

Contact Us