Cell Phone Tour
It is easier than ever to connect with the history of a community that raised a President. The Jimmy Carter National Historic Site offers the convenience of learning this history from the comfort of your car by using your cell phone. Here's how:
- Whether during park hours or after the park has closed, you can visit each stop (1-22) by calling 229-352-9657 to access the Cell Phone Tour.
- Enter the stop number of the location.
- Enjoy the short audio narration describing the significance of the building to the history of Plains. There are also stops at the Jimmy Carter Boyhood Farm that are narrated by President Carter that tell the significance of the stop to his life on the farm.
While listening to the audio, you can access several functions to aid in the enjoyment of the program and audio's:
- Press "1" to rewind,
- Press "2" to pause, and again to play,
- Press "3" to fast forward,
- Press "#" to skip a track.
At the conclusion of each audio or the program, press "0" to share your thoughts on the information that you have heard.
NOTE: This is a free service but your cell phone provider's usage and roaming fees will apply.
TOUR MAPS: In order to provide visitors with additional assistance, you may download cell phone tour maps and print them out before you visit the site.