Follow the links below for information about
- park management.
- Charles E. "Chuck" Hunt, superintendent of Jean Lafitte and of New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park
- public involvement
- a National Park Service report on the economic benefits of NPS sites to their communities, their states, and the nation based on 2016 spending and visitation. You can read the summary in a press release, including the economic benefits of Jean Lafitte and of New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park, or see the full report which includes information about all NPS sites.
- hurricanes and their effects on the park, from Hurricane Katrina in 2005 to the present. The National Park Service Hurricane and Severe Weather Response webpage has information for all National Park Service sites, including Jean Lafitte.
- BioBlitz at the Barataria Preserve in May 2013
- the Call to Action Report 2012 for Jean Lafitte and for New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park. If you wish to download the report, please note that it is a 984kb document. You can learn more about the National Park Service Call to Action here.
- finding the lost hiker at the Barataria Preserve in May 2011
the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in 2010