The bicentennial of the Battle of New Orleans was Thursday, January 8, 2015, but events, exhibits, and more activities related to the bicentennial continue throughout the area. Links to most of them are on this page.
- The State of Louisiana Battle of New Orleans Bicentennial Commission - Listings of bicentennial events from teacher workshops to museum exhibits and information about the commission and how to support its work.
- The Jackson Barracks location of the Louisiana National Guard Museums offers a special free exhibit "Defending the Bayou, Louisiana Citizen-Soldiers in the Battle of New Orleans" through May 22.
- TV specials about the Battle of New Orleans and its place in American history will be shown on WYES, WVUE, and WLAE.
- The release of a Battle of New Orleans stamp by the US Postal Service.
Social media - Stay informed about upcoming events and learn about the history, people, and places of the Battle of New Orleans via Jean Lafitte social media.
Add your pictures to the Chalmette Battlefield/Battle of New Orleans photo collection - Park volunteers have created a Flickr site where they're collecting photos of Chalmette Battlefield and Battle of New Orleans anniversaries. Their plan is to use the photos to create an online pictorial retrospective everyone can enjoy. If you'd like to upload some of your photos, click here.
- Visit the Chalmette Battlefield page for links to information about Battle of New Orleans troop rosters, timelines, historical studies, and the official National Park Service War of 1812 website.
- Find free downloadable education materials from the park here and from the State of Louisiana Battle of New Orleans Bicentennial Commission here.