How to Make Reservations
Colonial National Historical Park offers educational programs to enhance your students' academic experiences. Student participation is encouraged through use of the inquiry method and hands-on activities. Programs are scheduled on weekdays from October through May, no weekends or holidays. There is a $30.00 interpretive fee for each program. All reservations must be made in advance. Payment must be made by check and received within 30 days of making the reservation. To arrange for a program, call the Interpretive Program Coordinator at (757) 898-2411. To ensure a program for your class, please call at least two months and no more than five months in advance.Keep in mind focus of the program takes place near the Tercentenary Monument, waterfront, and the New Towne area.
Procedures for reserving an Educational Interpretive Program:
1. Review the Park's Educational program offerings and decide which program best meets the needs of your students. Keep in mind the various school constraints you may have such as time available, number of students, length of program, traveling distance and time to get to the park and your bus scheduling.
2. Call Colonial National Historic Park's Interpretive Program Coordinator at (757) 898-2411. Request the program, date and time. Your group will be tentatively scheduled for a program. To confirm the program send a check for $30.00 per program made out to the National Park Service.
Interpretive Program Coordinator
3. Checks must be received by the park within 30 days of making the reservation. Once your check is received your program reservation will be confirmed.
4. A letter will be mailed to your group confirming the date, time, type of program and name of your group.
5. Please check-in at the National Park Service Visitor Center at least 15 minutes prior to the start time of your program to register your group. All programs begin at the Visitor Center. Groups who arrive more than 15 minutes late for a program may have their programs canceled.
6. Educational groups may be eligible for a waiver of entrance fees to the park. Note that fee waivers only apply to the admission fees for the park and not to the program fees. Additional information on Educational Entrance Fee Waivers may be obtained by reviewing the Academic Fee Waiver web page or by calling the Interpretive Program Coordinator as indicated above.
Last updated: August 31, 2018