Getting to Know You…
An Interview with a Jamestown Colonist
Extra, extra read all about it! Congratulations! You've just been hired by the most watched news broadcasting company, NWB (New World Broadcasting). To prove that you are the next news reporting genius, and to help you keep your new job you have been assigned to the hottest story in the New World!!! It is your job to interview one of the new colonists living in Jamestown and to gather enough information about them to do your report. Your boss is sending you directly to Jamestown where you will find plenty of willing colonists to interview. Good Luck!!
Directions: Fill out this questionnaire by answering the questions based on the information you gather from listening to your character's "Voices of Jamestown" narrative and the graphics associated with that character.
1.What is your full name?
2. What year did you arrive in Jamestown?
3. Are you working while you're in Jamestown? If so, what do you do?
4. Tell me about at least 3 of your daily responsibilities.
5. What are some of the man-made tools that you use to complete those responsibilities?
6. Jamestown seems to be rich in resources, what sorts of natural resources do you use while you are on the job?
7. From what you know about your interviewee, do they like living in Jamestown? Why or why not?
A Jamestown Colonist Worksheet
Last updated: April 24, 2015