Arriving for Ferry Depature
Will masks be required in the ferry terminal?
When there is low or moderate transmission rate of COVID-19, masks are not required in Isle Royale buildings or aboard Ranger III . If transmission rate increases to high, masks will be required.
Will there be any self screening requirements?
On the day of your Ranger III travel, if you are exhibiting any of the standard COVID-19 symptoms or are generally feeling unwell, please consider not traveling.
What will be the check-in process?
- Before arrival, try to have all items ready to go (baggage to be stowed and carry-on items prepared).
- Recommended Arrival Times:
- Passengers Transporting a Boat: 7:30 am
- Passengers Transporting a Canoe or Kayak: 7:45 am
- All Passengers: 8:00 am
- Check-in will occur in your vehicle.
- Photo ID is required to pickup tickets.
- Park entrance fees will be checked.
- Follow directions provided by rangers during the check-in process.
- Most baggage will be stowed. Everyone may carry-on necessary items for the onboard voyage.
When can passengers board?
Boarding begins at 8:15 am for a prompt 9:00 am departure. Tickets for all passengers are required.
When will passenger boarding end?
Boarding ends at 8:45 am. If not aboard at that time, you will not be permitted aboard.
Will there be assigned passenger seating?
No. You will select your seating area when you board.