Skip to global NPS navigation
Skip to main content
Skip to footer
National Park Service Logo
National Park Service
Return to The Civil War
Views of Chickasaw NRA
Miscellaneous pictures taken at various park locations.
Exterior of Bromide Pavilion
Exterior of Bromide Pavilion; this pavilion was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps to dispense mineral waters to visitors.
Members of the park's bison herd, kept in the Bison Pasture.
Lily pond at the Bromide Pavilion
Lily pond at the Bromide Pavilion.
Spring enclosure at Buffalo Spring, built by the Civilian Conservation Corps.
A February view of Buffalo Spring.
The Vendome Well
Drilled in 1922, the Vendome Well was part of a recreation complex next to the Platt National Park boundary. The Well became part of the park in the 1980s.
Along Travertine Creek
View of a waterfall along Travertine Creek.
View of Travertine Creek flowing through the Platt Historic District.
A view of the creek.
The Lincoln Bridge
Built in 1909, the Lincoln Bridge is built in a Gothic Revival style, and provides foot access across Travertine Creek.
The Little Niagra waterfall
The Little Niagra waterfall on Travertine Creek is one of the most popular swimming holes in the park.
Panther Falls is another popular swimming hole along Travertine Creek in the Platt Historic District.
Rustic-style structure covering the Pavilion Springs built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s.
The Perimeter Road
An autumn view of the perimeter road in the Platt Historic District.
A Travertine Creek pond
A view of the "Beaver" pond on Travertine Creek, upstream of the Travertine Nature Center.
The inviting waters of Travertine Creek.
The Vendome Well
The Vendome Well.
Veteran's Lake in the early spring.
Campsite at Buckhorn Area - Lake of the Arbuckles
Campsite at Buckhorn Area of the Lake of the Arbuckles at Chickasaw National Recreation Area
Dioroma at the Travertine Nature Center
Dioroma at the Travertine Nature Center at Chickasaw National Recreation Area
Last updated: August 1, 2014