|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Homestead National Monument of America will be distributing the America the Beautiful- National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Passes on Saturday and Sunday, May 7 and 8, 2016 at the Guardians of Freedom Airshow in Lincoln, Nebraska. These passes are your ticket to more than 2,000 federal recreation sites. Each pass covers entrance fees at national parks and national wildlife refuges as well as standard amenity fees (day use fees) at national forests and grasslands, and at lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. A pass covers entrance, standard amenity fees and day use fees for a driver and all passengers in a personal vehicle at per vehicle fee areas, or up to four adults at sites that charge per person. Children age 15 or under are admitted free.
The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass Series contains 5 different passes:
- $80 annual pass
- Available to everyone.
Annual Pass for U.S. Military
·FREE annual pass!
·Available to current U.S. military members and dependents in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard and also, Reserve and National Guard members by showing a Common Access Card (CAC) or Military ID (Form 1173).
Annual 4th Grade Pass
- FREE annual pass!
- Available to U.S. 4th graders (including home-schooled and free-choice learners 10 years of age) with a valid Every Kid in a Park paper pass.
- The pass is valid for the duration of the 4th grade school year through the following summer (September-August).
- $10 Lifetime pass
- For U.S. citizens or permanent residents age 62 or over.
- May provide a 50 percent discount on some amenity fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launch, and specialized interpretive services.
- FREE lifetime pass
- For U.S. citizens or permanent residents with permanent disabilities.
- May provide a 50 percent discount on some amenity fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launching, and specialized interpretive services.
All of these passes can also be obtained from Homestead National Monument of America and other federal recreation sites at any time. The six agencies that participate in the Interagency Pass Program are:
- National Park Service
- U.S. Forest Service
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Bureau of Land Management
- Bureau of Reclamation
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Visit the Homestead booth at the Guardians of Freedom Airshow and pick up your Interagency Pass while you enjoy amazing airplanes. The Lincoln Chamber of Commerce, Nebraska National Guard, and Lincoln Airport Authority are hosting Guardians of Freedom at the Lincoln Airport on May 7 and 8, 2016, from 9:30 –5:00 p.m.each day.
Remember, Homestead National Monument of America has an exciting schedule of events planned for 2016, the Centennial year of the National Park Service. Keep up with the latest information by following us on Twitter (HomesteadNM) and Facebook (Homestead National Monuement of America).
Homestead National Monument of America is a unit of the National Park Service located four miles west of Beatrice, Nebraska and 45 miles south of Lincoln. Hours of operation are8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.MondaythroughFridayand9 a.m. to 5 p.m.SaturdayandSunday. Admission is free of charge. For additional information, please call 402-223-3514 or visit https://www.nps.gov/home/.