National Park Service PARKitecture Banner

Transportation Systems
Information Centers
Hotels & Lodging
Support Facilities
Old Faithful Inn (1903)

The etchings on the beams and columns are original to this 1927 dining room. The glass etchings depicting bears tending bar and playing the piano were mounted between the columns in the background in 1962 when the space was converted into "The Bear Pit" (Old Side Dining Room).

More Images and Info! (HABS/HAER Collections) Links for Learning More

Photograph by Jet T. Lowe, 1989, National Park Service, Historic American Buildings Survey. [Library of Congress reproduction number: HABS, WYO,20-YELNAP,1- (HABS WY-87-41)]

Back to the Top
Hotels & Lodging Series
Yellowstone Series

Featured Parks | Facility Types
Links for Learning More | Image Index
Credits | Footnotes | Links to the Past

ParkNet Logo