Commercial Use Authorizations

Park-Specific Provisions

A Commercial Use Authorization is required for engaging in any business in the park. Commercial business activity is prohibited within the park unless a CUA has been granted by the park (36 CFR Sec 5.3) CUAs are currently issued for one year. Permittee must reapply for a new CUA for succeeding periods upon expiration of the current CUA. There is no right or guarantee of renewal.

CUA Fees

CUAs are issued for a yearly fee of $150. This fee covers the costs associated with the administrative process of preparing and issuing the CUA including National Environmental Policy Act and cultural compliance approval if applicable. The authority for the National Park Service (NPS) to impose user charges to recover and retain costs associated with managing special park uses is found in 31 U.S.C.9701 and 16 U.S.C. 3a. Fees are non-refundable. Monitoring fees may also apply. The monitoring fee is determined by tracking how much it actually costs the park to monitor and/or perform needed functions to properly manage the commercial use.

Liability Insurance

The NPS required all permittees to carry liability insurance.

Reporting Requirements

The Annual Survey Report is due within one month of the expiration of an authorization. Not returning this form by the due date is grounds for revocation or non-renewal of your CUA.

To inquire about the CUA or to apply for one fill out CUA application form and e-mail.

Last updated: January 18, 2018

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

535 Hampton Lane
Towson, MD 21286



Contact Us