View Current Conditions to learn more about the Park’s current status.
Still have sunrise questions? Check out our FAQs for sunrise reservations.
Make a Reservation
In order to view sunrise at Haleakalā National Park, you will need to make a reservation ahead of time.
- Reservations can be made online up to 60 days in advance of your sunrise visit on recreation.gov and are only valid for the day reserved. These tickets are released at 7:00 am HST.
- A portion of reservations for any given day will be released 2 days (48 hours) in advance
- A visitor may only purchase one sunrise reservation per three-day period.
- Upon arrival, please have the reservation holder present with valid ID, reservation confirmation email, and your park pass or a way to purchase one.
- Please note that calling the park directly, or visiting in-person, will not result in a reservation. Staff at Haleakalā National Park are unable to make reservations for you.
- Reservations will not be refunded or exchanged due to weather.
- For questions, call the recreation.gov help line at 1-877-444-6777.
- Click Sign In or Sign Up to log in to your account or create a new one
- Visit the page for sunrise reservations
- Click the Book Now button under the first tab labeled Tour Park Details. This will take you to the next tab.
- Click the Enter Date button under "Online** availability."
- Select the tour date for ticket availability, and enter "1" for number of tickets. Click Find Tour Times.
- Select the 3:00 AM - 7:00 AM option.
- Enter the number of vehicles as "1" again.
- Click Book Tour.
- Have the permit holder present a valid ID and reservation upon arrival at the park entrance station.