Gulf Islands National Seashore maintains two developed campgrounds, one in Mississippi and one in Florida. Each campground offers water, grill/fire rings, restrooms, and picnic tables. Each campground and campground loop is unique and offers different experiences. To ensure you choose the perfect site for your camping adventure, we highly recommend all reserve a campsite well in advance by visiting www.recreation.gov or calling 1-877-444-6777. You cannot make reservations by calling the park.
Need to know before you arrive:
Camp Office Hours: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(after hours arrival check-in immediately next day)
Fort Pickens campers check-in at the Ranger Station, a two-story white building on the right side of the road.
Davis Bayou campers check-in at the small white building at the entrance of the campground.
Arrivals after 5 p.m. enter code received with reservation confirmation to enter park gate.
- Check out by 11 a.m.
- The maximum time permitted for camping in the campground is fourteen consecutive days.
- Campgrounds are closed to non-camper use and non-camper vehicle traffic from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- No more than two vehicles can be parked at a campsite at once this includes trailers, passenger vehicles, and RVs. Additional vehicles must be parked in overflow parking area.
- Fires may be built in permanent grills (charcoal only) or fire rings at designated sites.
- Portable grills may be used at designated campsites by registered campers at the Ft. Pickens and Davis Bayou campgrounds.
- Smoking of all sources including but not limited to e-cigarettes, hookahs, or vape pens are prohibited in all government buildings, including but not limited to the bathhouses, restrooms, forts and batteries.
- All food and coolers should be stored inside vehicles away from wildlife.
- Grey water, shower tents and rinsing of vehicles are prohibited in the park.
- Campers are not allowed to hang food bags, trash, string lights, clothes lines, hammocks, or other equipment from the trees, vegetation or park electrical equipment.
- Portable air conditioning units used for tents or outside are not allowed.
For questions and concerns involving camping registration, rules and reservations in Gulf Islands National Seashore please contact:
Supervisory Revenue and Fee Business Specialist
Gulf Islands National Seashore