1. I want to reserve a campsite, should I call the park?
No. Campsite reservations can only be made by calling 1-877-444-6777 or visiting www.recreation.gov.
2. Are there primitive camping opportunities in the park?
Yes! Primitive camping is a great way to experience Gulf Islands National Seashore, visit our Primitive Camping page to learn more.
3. How do I get to West Ship Island?
4. How do I get to the other Mississippi islands part of Gulf Islands National Seashore?
All islands are accessible by private boat, however if you'd like authorized contractors are available to transport you to the islands.
The Fort Pickens and Perdido Key Entrance Stations are open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. The Fort Barrancas Visitor Center sells interagency passes Friday through Sunday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
6. Can I purchase an Interagency Pass or pay my entrance fee at Park Headquarters - Naval Live Oaks Area?
No, the Naval Live Oaks Area - Park Headquarters does not sell passes or entrance fees.
7. Is there a visitor center at Naval Live Oaks?
No. While there are exhibits at Park Headquarters that are open to the public Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. there is not always someone on staff and the exhibits are self-serve.
8. Where can I find out about the park's rules and regulations?
9. How do I contact the park?
If you cannot find what you're looking for or need more information, visit our Contact Us page.
10. What events or programs are happening in the park?
Visit our Calendar page for all information regarding upcoming events and programs. Ranger programs are updated monthly.
12. How do I reserve a Picnic Pavilion?
13. May I collect sea shells?
You may collect sea shells from the national seashore that do not have living creatures in them.
14. May I use my metal detector in the park?
No. The use of a metal detector, digging, and removing historic objects of any kind is prohibited in all areas of the park.
15. Is Fort Pickens Road open?
Temporary road and facility closures are posted on our Temporary Closures page. For the status of the Fort Pickens Road, you may also call the Fort Pickens Road Hotline (850) 934-2656.
16. Can my pet visit the national seashore?
Pets are welcome on park trails, multi-use paths, and park roads, but must be on a leash less than six feet in length. Pets are restricted from several areas of the park, please visit our Pets page for more information.
17. How do I volunteer at the national seashore?
18. Are there clothing optional areas at the national seashore?
No, there are no areas set aside for clothing optional recreation within Gulf Islands National Seashore.