The Guilford Courthouse National Military Park Battlefield Visitors Center is the first place you should begin your tour. Talk to a Park Ranger or a Volunteer and they will give you a map of the park. At this Visitors Center you will learn about the Southern Campaign of the American Revolution and the events that led to the Battle of Guilford Courthouse.
How to get the most out of your time at the Battlefield Visitors Center:
- Start with the interpretive films: “Fighting the Battle of Guilford Courthouse” will explain the battle tactics and is 10 minutes long. “Another Such Victory” is a live action representation of the battle and is 30 minutes long.
- Explore the exhibits to learn about the Southern Campaign, the Battle of Guilford Courthouse, and see artifacts from the battlefield.
- Are you looking for an ancestor or battlefield? We have a participants list of soldiers. Bring the name of your ancestor or soldier written down to help us pull them from the catalog.
- Ask for a Junior Ranger book to help you learn about the battle, and then receive your badge! Perfect for ages 6-12, or those who are young at heart and love NPS!
- Guilford Courthouse Park Store with American Revolution books, colonial themed gifts, items for kids, Passport books, and Regional Stamp Stickers for your Passport!
- Stamp your passport at the Front Desk! We have one cancellation stamp, one Junior Ranger stamp, and a Boy Scouts stamp.
The Battlefield Visitors Center is located at 2332 New Garden Road, Greensboro, NC 27410. Due to faulty directions in Apple Maps and other platforms, please drive along US 220/Battleground Avenue and turn on New Garden Road heading East. You will see the large brown sign saying “Guilford Courthouse National Military Park” on the corner. Drive up New Garden past the historic buildings where you will see our sign, then take a right into the parking lot.